Friday, February 21, 2014

Chocolate Crinkles

   I love Chocolate Crinkles. They are super yummy, pretty and they look festive for the holiday season. (or anytime of the year really) Making Chocolate Crinkles can be rather time consuming so make sure you give yourself enough time to make these. You can easily double, or triple this recipe if needed. Sorry I don't have any pictures of these cookies!

Chocolate Crinkles
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup soymilk (or other non dairy milk)
1 tablespoon brown rice flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
1 1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 + 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 + 1/8 teaspoons cream of tarter
1/4 teaspoon salt

For Rolling Cookies:
Sifted Powder Sugar

   Preheat oven to 325*F. Spray cookie pans with non stick cooking spray. In a large bowl mix the sugar, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, soymilk, brown rice flour and melted chocolate chips until smooth. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt and mix until a thick moist dough forms. Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for around 20 minutes. Once the dough has chilled for 20 minutes take it out and start rolling the dough into teaspoon size balls, then roll the balls into the powder sugar. Place on cookie sheet about two inches apart and bake for 10-14 minutes. Let them cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then put them on the waxed paper.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a chocolate crinkle right now but I don't see any! Maybe you need to make some more. Please!

    ReplyDelete